Bernard S. (Bernie) Champoux joined Hanwha in May 2017 and heads their newly formed US & Americas Business Headquarters. In April 2016, he retired from the United States Army after nearly 39 years of service. Prior to assuming his position at Hanwha, he consulted for Lockheed Martin, L3, CENTRA Technology, Analytical Services (ANSER), and the Defense Science Board. He is a founding member of the Board of Directors, Korean Defense Veterans Association, and a member of the BoD, National Defense Industrial Association and MFSI Government Group.
Key assignments include:
● Commanded from Platoon through Field Army in light, mechanized, and motorized Infantry, and spent multiple tours with the Rangers.
● Commanded the 25th Infantry Division as the last Division
Headquarters in Iraq during Operation New Dawn.
● Served as the Executive Officer to the Commander-in-Chief, US
● Executive Assistant to the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff,
● Deputy Chief, and the Chief of Legislative Liaison, Office of the Secretary of the Army.
● Served as Commanding General, Eighth Army while simultaneously serving as the Chief of Staff for United Nations Command, ROK-US Combined Forces Command, and United States Forces Korea.